Sunday, June 2, 2013

Tuesday Trigger - Feather Weather


    Hi again! I'm trying out a new challenge this week from the Moxie Fab Blog. There's some really, really great inspiration on this blog and this week's Tuesday Trigger Challenge is based on this amazing photo:

                                                   
    It's just beautiful and you can check out the challenge and all the submissions here: Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger Challenge. 
     So, here's my rather close interpretation of the challenge. 

    I just loved the birds the way they are and I loved the grey tone on tone and how it worked so well with the gold beads. I was able to pair Hero Arts's Wet Cement ink with Perfect Pearls in Heirloom Gold to create the background and the image of the bird.
    Here's a close up of my birdie and the Perfect Pearls together:
     First, I stamped the bird from Martha Stewart with Perfect Medium on watercolor paper and then applied the Perfect Pearls and spritzed it with water to get them to set. Then I colored the bird with a combination of Mustard Seed, Crushed Olive, Peeled Paint and Broken China Distress Inks and my Tim Holtz water brush. Once he was dry, I fussy cut him out and he was ready to go. I created the background right on my card base with Hero Arts Birds and Flowers background stamp in Wet Cement ink and lightly dusted it with the same Perfect Pearls and set it with water. It gives the whole image a beautiful shine when it hits the light.
    Then, I moved on to the branch by cutting it from Grunge Paper and Tim Holtz's Bird and Branch Bigz die. I applied Frayed Burlap Distress Embossing Powder to the whole branch and once it was done went over it with Pumice Stone Distress Ink to fill in the gaps left by the release crystals. The flowers were made with McGills' Paper Punch in Mini Petals which again I applied Perfect Pearls to and some actual pearls that I tinted with a Copic Marker in Y28. Before I adhered anything, I also created the background panel from Spellbinders Labels Twenty-Five and inked the edges with Pumice Stone Distress Ink and stamped the love. from My Mind's Eye's Be Happy stamp set in Wet Cement Ink.
     Finally, I pulled it all together with some jute tied in a bow and my Tombow Stamp Runner and Mono Multi Glue and a few dimensional adhesives for the birdie.
    There were quite a few more steps to this card that the last few I've made which I will hopefully create posts for in the next week! Anyway, I hope you like the card and thanks for stopping by. Feel free to comment and let me know if you love it or hate it or have any questions!

Rachel

6 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Rachel! Great job interpreting the TT this week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice take on the challenge! I really like the earthy feel of your card. So glad you joined in the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous, Rachel! Love your take on the Tuesday Trigger!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Rachel! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete