Friday, June 28, 2013

Runway Inspired Challenge - Burberry

    I'm sneaking this one in under the wire tonight! Here's the challenge LINK and the inspiration picture which you can always click on to see the challenge as well. This time our challenge is from Burberry! Love them.
    And here's my take on that lovely skirt in my card!
    This one was a toughie for me. I just love, love, loved that skirt and the embossing and I racked my brain to try to come up with a way to make it. I think I came really close in using a piece of Bazzil cardstock in Pear and two colors of Distress Stain in Pumice Stone and Brushed Pewter. I sprayed water over the piece of cardstock and liberally applied the stains. Once it was dry I added the embossing with a folder from QuickCuts (Sorry, I don't have the actual name) and some Heidi Swapp mist in Gold to pick up the zipper in those fabulous shoes. After that came the hard part...what to put on the card. I had really no sketch or idea where I was going with this one so I started with the paper flowers and the paper doily. They were inked in Antique Linen Distress Ink and then the flowers were stamped with a script pattern. I added the pearls after adjusting their color with alcohol inks and then decided on the lace, pin, jute and tiny tag that happened to be on my desk. Once that came together, I was able to add a few more pearls to fill in the gaps and to draw attention to that lovely ribbon from my stash. I seriously think that came off of a set of stationary...
    Here's a closer look at the inset of the card.

    I hope you like the card. I wish it would not have taken nearly as long, but it's a process and one that I'm learning. I think I'm going to go quilt for a while to relax my brain...or maybe sleep :)
    Hope you have a great weekend!! ~Rachel

2 comments:

  1. oh that's gooood! perfect interpretation of the elegant photo and outfit. you got the perfect color match too which I found so hard! :) thanks for playing RIC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! So glad that you join the fun with us at Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete