Thursday, June 20, 2013

Dynamic Duos #57



    Happy Thursday everyone! Today I'm submitting my newest card creation, not the second newest, because that one stunk to the Dynamic Duos challenge #57. You can play along with the challenge by clicking HERE or on the badge below, which is much more fun in my opinion. 
                                            
    But, I'm kind of late to the game this week due to the copious amounts of family event cards I make in June. It's crazy, everthing is in June, including my mom's birthday which is today! My dad's is Saturday so I'll probably load that card sometime soon because it's a riot! Anyway, onto my card which uses inks to create the color combo this week.


    Sorry for the wonky picture. I keep trying different rooms of my house to take the pictures and I've just not gotten the right one yet. I did find a new setting on my photo editing program to get the blue out of my picture though this morning, while I was running really late...
    Anyway, to make the card I just stamped four of the images in the Hero Arts So Kind stamp set in Memento Black Ink and Color Box Chalk ink in Lime Pastel. Then I white embossed a sentiment from the Simon Says Stamp July Card Kit stamp set and adhered it with some dimensional adhesive. The only trick to this card, I think, is to make sure the center points of the diamonds are all on the same parallel which I kept straight by adhering my card back to my grid cutting mat while I stamped. That was just enough guide to keep them in line. 
    I really love this stamp set and had pined over it for a while because it reminded me of a design that I think Famous Barr used to use in maybe the 70's or so on their shopping bags. I haven't been able to find any images of it but it was the bag we used to keep some camping storage in when I was little  and I always loved the vintage design of that bag. Someday I'll come across it or I'll ask the right person about it and find that image again. So cool!
    In the meantime, thanks for stopping by! I'm going to keep trying to figure out where my first card went wrong...but it's making my brain hurt.


1 comment:

  1. Rachel this card is great! I love those retro patterns, too! Probably as a result of a childhood in the 70s. :-) Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete