Sunday, May 5, 2013

Mother's Day One Week Early!

    I am usually so very terribly bad at saving everything until the last minute, especially with cards that I have to make for specific people. I want it to become more than it just is - a card. However, every great once in a while I get an idea and I stick to it and I finish it way before the last second. The gift that goes with it is another story...
    So, here's the card I made for mother's day one whole week early!
    Everything on the card came from my Simon Says Stamp May Card Kit which made coordination so very easy. To color the flowers, I used three Distress Markers in Fired Brick, Victorian Velvet and Spun Sugar and my Ranger water brush after I stamped them on watercolor paper with Staz On black ink. The leaves were colored with Shabby Shutters and Forest Moss markers in the same manner and then all the pieces were fussy cut which went rather easy.
    It's hard to see but the sentiment is embossed with Antiquities Antique Gold distress powder and looks so very classy. I love that gold is trending right now. I usually catch myself using silver on every project, so this makes me stretch a bit!
    The only other step to altering the pieces in my kit was to punch the border under the piece of lace which I did with a Martha Stewart border punch. I then used my paper distresser to smooth the edges after punches to better mirror the lace. Then I added Victorian Velvet ink to the bottom and around the base piece of the card. I then finished the card by adhering all the pieces using adhesive, some clever positioning and some pop dots on the smaller flower to make it contrast a bit and not get lost next to the bigger flowers.
    I was really happy with how this turned out and am only sad because I don't have a challenge to submit it to!


No comments:

Post a Comment