Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Dynamic Duos Challenge

    I've been gathering my inspiration lately from my outfits and the shirt I had on last week had just the right colors and design. Plus I had multiple compliments on it so apparently others agree. So, I noticed that Dynamic Duos (Click here to see the Challenge) is having an anniversary this week and so any past color combo was open for submission! Yay! I filed through all of the color combos that I never got to do because I'm silly and started this blog far too late and found this one:
   These two colors matched my shirt perfectly and I was able to add in some cream as well. Yay! So, I came up with these two cards.


    For the first card, I cut a negative from the background piece with my Slice and adhered it to a standard sized card base in black. Then I added a small strip of black cardstock from my scraps and wrapped it a bit with some American Crafts twine. Then I stamped the Best Wishes sentiment from TPC Studio's Brush Stroke Greetings and matted it on some Bazzil cardstock. It's quite simple but I like it and it's so far removed from everything else I generally do.
    The second card took forever because I was trying too hard to an unhealthy extent. There are about 499 gagillion paper punched and colored with every type of distress ink in Ripe Persimmion and Black Soot flowers all over my craft table that are still orphaned. So, leaving those behind I instead picked up my Dylusions stencil again and inked the leaves in Distress Ink and added glossy accents on a handful of them to add some variation and interest and to match the embossed sentiment which was stamped from Mama Elephant's Nursery Deco set. To recreate this card would take like 6 minutes...the first version however, yikes. But here they are!
    P.S. Apparently, to my camera, red orange just becomes orange...sad.

1 comment:

  1. These are awesome! I love the effect you have put on the leaves - and the diagonal strips on the second one are genius! Fabulous creations :) Thanks for sharing with us at Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete