Sunday, March 24, 2013

Online Card Classes Day 1

I've taken quite a few Online Card Classes over the past year and this weekend was the first time I've been able to play along. Many thanks to the impending snow storm! This card is from Day 1 of Pattern Play. I took a few cues from all three technique videos to make my card. First, I started with three different patterned papers like Amber's video suggested and following Kristina's formula of Large/Med Size Print + Med/Small Print + Semi Solid = Contrast. I chose three papers from Prima's Botanical 6x6 pack and My Mind's Eye's Sunshine 6x6 pad. After selecting these, I dug through my stamps and chose a sentiment from TPC Studio called Vintage Greetings. I then took Jennifer's advise and added Frayed Burlap Distress Ink to the two panel pieces and the sentiment label, cut from a set of Sizzix dies to create some dimension and differentiation between the three papers. Finally, I added a few pearls from The Paper Studio, some Tim Holtz trimmings and a doily from the baking section at Hobby Lobby and was quite happy with the results! Now to try some paper piecing with pattern papers!

1 comment:

  1. Lots of wonderful layering on this vintage card! Thanks for playing along with us at A Blog Named Hero.

    ReplyDelete