Sunday, March 24, 2013

Nursery Critters

    Here's a card I made for my husband's cousin for her baby shower that was supposed to happen this weekend, but because of the weather, it's been postponed. But, that gave me a chance to take a quick picture and add it to my blog. It was a really simple card to make with Lawn Fawn's Critters on the Savannah stamp set and matching dies. I first die cut the giraffe and zebra from Inkadinkado's masking paper. Then, I stamped the giraffe and zebra on a piece of white card stock with Memento black dye ink which is perfect for Copic coloring! No bleeding. After those were dry, I placed my masks over the two animals and stamped the tree in the background and the little birdie.
    I colored the scene with too many Copics to remember the colors. I'll try to keep them handy next time for a checklist, but I did choose my background paper first which is from Cosmo Cricket's Material Girl 6x6 pack. I used the tones in the paper to choose my markers from my handy color checklist. Love that thing (and coloring in the boxes when I get  a new marker)!
   Next came the 'Polaroid' die. I don't actually own a die for cutting Polaroids, but I do have a square die and a paper trimmer. I used a square die from Spellbinders and some smooth white card stock and trimmed a 1/4 inch border around the opening and left some excess at the bottom to stamp the sentiment from Mama Elephant's Nursery Deco set. Finally, I added some adhesive and called it done! I hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment