Thursday, May 14, 2015

Mommy & Me


Hi again!
   Here's the Mommy and Me page for my niece's book. It contains a fun game called, 'Find all the Doilies!' I might have gone a bit overboard on this one...
   I started this page by picking out the background 12 x 12 papers. I just loved the vintage shoes, dress form and fancy clothes! I went with a pink, yellow, and green color scheme for the pages in vintage shades to match the background papers and made the accent color black with a tad bit of gold. The ephemera on the pages is from Tim Holtz's new packs and the washi tape is from his collection and a few other designers. These lines look a bit crooked on the page, but luckily that is due to the photo and not an inability to see straight on my part. My favorite part of this page is the little silhouette of the girl with the tiniest bow I've ever tied around her neck. I used a piece of ephemera and added glossy accents to the entire piece and let it dry overnight. Then I added a bit of embroidery floss and Ta-da! I like how it jumps off the light pink paper, but doesn't  look lonely since it's next to the distressed black matting squares. (Those squares won't look so prominent when they are filled with wonderful pics of my niece and sister-in-law)
   I didn't added any specific journaling sections or prompts to this page because it could be used for so many different scenarios. I thought the black and yellow strip spaces would work well for pictures but the pink and green pieces and yellow tag could be for pictures, more ephemera or journaling about places they've gone together, things they like to do or any great memory. There is also blank space by the dress form on the background page that could be used for photos, journaling or ephemera as well.
   I hope you like the page and will visit again soon!
   Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment