Saturday, July 27, 2013

Sassy Birthday

    Hi! I made today's card for my Aunt's Birthday and since she requested a funny card I used Dyan Reavele's Say It How It Is Set as it cracks me up. Then I kept with the theme and used Dyan's mists in Lemon Zest, Postbox Red and Bubblegum Pink and her smaller sized stencil, Dotted Flowers for the flowers.
    I started with a white standard sized piece of watercolor paper and used the sprays from a distance to make a mottled look. Next, I sprayed the edges with water through the flower portion of the stencil and pulled away some of the ink with a paper towel to create a watermark look. Once that was dry, I stamped over those areas with the flower stamp from Dyan's Background Love set in Charcoal Hero Arts Ink. Then I got to Doodle!! All of the white around the flowers was just added ad lib. To finish the card off, I stamped the sentiment on a white piece of cardstock scrap and sprayed it with yellow mist and cut each piece apart and adhered them. Finally, I adhered the panel to a white card base and all done!

No comments:

Post a Comment