Friday, April 26, 2013

Now for Something Totally Different

    Last week I did two things. 1) I ordered Dyan Reaveley's Mini Couture stamp set and Luscious Leaves Mask and 2) I found the Runway Inspired Challenges blog. So in playing along with Challenge #34 pictured first, here's what I came up with below:


  I wanted to do something totally different and I've loved everything I've ever seen Dyan create. Just crazy beautiful wacky stuff! Wonderful. So here's how I created my Runway Inspired homage to Dyan:

    First I stamped the dress on white cardstock and then again on a piece of masking paper. I cut the mask out around the inner folds and across the top of the skirt to mask off the outer portion of the skirt. Then I used my Stamp a ma Jig and the Tiny Backgrounds stamp from Unity to add the spotted pattern. Then I removed the masks and added Copic Markers in R05 and R08 and 110 with a white gel pen to color the dress.
 
    To create the background, I used Black Soot Distress Ink and a very small rounded ink dauber to add ink through the stencil for the runway and the leaves inspired by the print of the dress from Reem Acra. Then I created shaky lines on the leaves and runway squares and added Black Soot Distress Stickles as well.
  
    While that was drying, I stamped the sentiment from Dyan's Say What You Mean stamp set and fussy cut it out. Finally, I stamped the dress one more time on the background and then added the dress with pop dots as well as the sentiment. Finally, I adhered it to a red card base. The card is a standard size which fits Dyan's Mini Stamps just perfectly. I can't wait to 'design' more dresses with the set. I just love, love, love that set!!
 
    I hope you like the card and my branching way out of my comfort zone!

1 comment:

  1. I love the dress on your card...VERY high fashion! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete