Sunday, March 24, 2013

Pattern Play Day 3

   Day 3 of class asked us to pick a 'hard to use' pattern for a card. The piece I chose was from Prima Marketing's Madeline 6x6 pack and contained all of the inchie squares on one sheet. Together it looked very loud and was what I would consider hard to use. It also begged to be pulled apart, so this card came together pretty quickly with a piece of dark brown Bazzil card stock and another sheet from the Madeline stack.
  So, on to the directions. First I cut out the piece on the right from the 6x6 pad sheet. The bottom of the piece had a really pretty border that I only had room for a portion of, so I trimmed it at the edge and left the lace portion to even out the top border. Next, I stamped the sentiment from the March Simon Says Stamp card kit stamp set entitled Flower Friend in Coffee Archival ink. Luckily, the brown scrap was already cut to size and I just ran up the side with my pinking shears and added the faux stitching with a white Signo gel pen. 
   Finally, came the crazy bold patterned paper. I cut each section apart and laid the pieces in the order I wanted and glued down all the pieces except the ones that were on the 'top' of the stacks, which i added with dimensional adhesive. Lastly, I went adhesive crazy on the back pieces and added them to a cream colored piece of cardstock. Of course, I had to try to make a blunder, but I wanted to draw more attention to the sentiment, so I added a few Mosaic Crystal Stickers...and then I added a few more...
  And there you have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment